Annsley Interiors via Decorpad
Good Taste Money-Saving Tips:
- Buy staple pieces like arm chairs and couches in basic colors from inexpensive retailers like IKEA and accent with bold patterned pillows to create an interesting, finished look.
- Try buying inexpensive lamp bases and doctoring them up a bit with fun, bold shades.
- A bold rug (think black + white chevron or a fun geometric print) can unify a room and/or serve as an interesting focal point.
- Make your own modern art. Buy a canvas at your local crafts store and look at modern pieces for inspiration (you don't have to be an artist to do a little colorblocking!). The bright color will fill white walls so you can avoid expensive paint and alot of effort.
- Search local flea markets or Etsy.com for unique furniture pieces. Chests, headboards, mirrors and coffee tables can all add up, but sometimes a little imagination and a coat or two of paint are just the thing to give a less-than-impressive find new life. Half the time, these pieces are so unique they end up being statement pieces that stand out more than your more expensive purchases.
- Use staples that you already have in a unique, personalized way. Style books on shelves with cool frames or color coordinate them to create a visual statement.
How do you save without sacrificing style??